Serengeti Safari Tanzania, 8 Days, African Safari, Tanzania
Welcome to the Serengeti Safari Tanzania, home to the largest animal migrations & best big animal viewing in the world. If the awe-inspiring scenery doesn’t take your breath away, the beauty of giraffes, elephants & lions in their natural environment will.
Serengeti Safari Tanzania
Welcome to the Serengeti, home to the largest animal migrations and best game-viewing in the world. If the awe-inspiring scenery doesn’t take your breath away, the beauty of giraffes, elephants and lions in their natural environment will.
Day 1: Arrive in Arusha
Day 2: Arusha to Tarangire
Day 3: Tarangire Game Drive
Day 4: Tarangire to Serengeti
Day 5: Serengeti Game Drive
Day 6: Serengeti to Ngorongoro Crater
Day 7: Ngorongoro Crater to Arusha
Day 8: International departures
Private expeditions are available for this itinerary. Just ask us for details & Pricing.
Packing System: You are responsible for your belongings throughout the Serengeti Safari Tanzania expedition; we recommend a small duffle and/or daypack to carry your clothing and personal items as you journey from one national park to another. Any luggage not needed on the Serengeti Safari Tanzania may be left in storage at the partner lodge in Arusha.
Documents and Logistics
- International flights booked and confirmed to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Flight information submitted
- Passport valid for 6 months after arrival date
- Photocopy of passport
- US Currency for 15 or 30-day Tanzania Visa (available upon arrival for US citizens)
- Medical insurance card
- Cash for tipping guides, buying souvenirs, incidental costs, etc.
- Yellow fever vaccination card (if applicable)
- Light down jacket (for cool mornings and evenings)
- Lightweight, breathable pants (1)
- Shorts, mid-thigh or longer (1)
- Rain jacket
- Synthetic T-shirt (2)
- Waterproof, comfortable boots or athletic shoes – they will get dirty!
- Breathable socks
- Closed-heeled sandals
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletries and medicine
- Hand sanitizer
- *NOTE: Avoid wearing black or dark blue clothing while on safari as the Tsetse fly is attracted to darker clothing and will bite skin, leaving a bite similar to that of a mosquito*
- Reading material for the evenings
- OTC medications (Advil, Imodium, Pepto-bismol etc.)
- Hotel reservations for extended time in Tanzania (if applicable)
- Bandana (for dust and wind)
- Energy bars or snacks in-between meals
- Zip-lock bags for waterproofing passport and other valuables
Due to the ranges in elevation, the climate and temperatures will vary throughout the Serengeti. In June, July, August, September & October the afternoon temperatures are usually between 68°F and 86°F and most days will be clear and sunny. It cools off at night and into the morning so be sure to pack warm clothing because morning game drives in open vehicles will be cold. November through May is considered Tanzania’s “wet” season and rainfall levels will vary throughout these months. Bringing warm clothes and good rain gear will keep you prepared for any weather you may encounter.
- Medical/evacuation insurance for all participants confirmed 30 days or more prior to their expedition start date
- Airport transfers
- Upscale tent accommodations while on safari
- 2 nights lodging in Arusha
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on safari
- Park entry fees
- Guided safari excursions
- All ground transportation to/from safari locations
- Personal items (laundry, clothing, snacks, etc.)
- Trip cancellation insurance (optional but suggested)
- International airfare and meals during travel
- Snacks during trek
- Beverages outside of designated meals
- Single Supplement (415£ if travelling alone or to guarantee a single room)
Activity Level: Relaxed
Yes. These expeditions do not have any fitness requirements.