Annapurna Mountain Bike Tour, Himalayan Mountain Bike, 11 Days, Nepal
Test your legs on the mighty Annapurna Mountain Bike tour. Feel the Himalayan wind rush by while covering over 80 miles of terrain including epic single trails in this beautiful area.
Annapurna Mountain Bike Tour
An amazing opportunity to ride the single trails of the mighty Annapurna region. Suitable for all fitness and skill levels, if you’re not fit, this Annapurna Mountain Bike tour will get you fit in an amazing setting with amazing people.
This Himalayan Mountain Bike tour is run responsibly to reduce environmental impact and actually contribute to the local communities. 10% of all revenue is provided in the form of microcredit to local small-scale entrepreneurs.
Day 1: Arrive to Kathmandu
Day 2: Bike around Shivapuri National Park
Day 3: Travel to Pokhara
Day 4: Fly to Jomson and bike to Kagbeni
Day 5: Bike to Muktinath
Day 6: Bike to Marpha
Day 7: Bike to Tatopani
Day 8: Bike to Beni and travel by SUV to Pokhara
Day 9: Free day in Pokhara
Day 10: Travel to Kathmandu
Day 11: International Departures
You are responsible only for personal clothing and gear listed below. We’ll take care of everything else. A gear check will be completed before you depart for the trail. This list does not include additional clothing/items you may want for travel or for your time off the trail. Any luggage not needed on the Himalayan Mountain Bike trail can be left in storage during your expedition.
Packing System: This Himalayan Mountain Bike expedition includes bag transport. You are only responsible for carrying a daypack. We recommend packing your items in a large backpack or a durable duffle bag.
Carried Bag Weight Limit: 22lbs/10kg
- Sleeping Bag – $42 USD
- Must be confirmed no later than 1 week prior to expedition start date
Documents and Logistics
- International flights booked and confirmed to Kathmandu
- Flight information submitted
- Passport valid through end of trip
- Photocopy of passport
- Four (4) passport-sized photos for arrival visa and trekking permits
- US Currency for 15 or 30-day Nepali Tourist Visa (available upon arrival for US citizens)
- Medical insurance card
- Cash for tipping guides, buying souvenirs, incidental costs, etc.
- Change of clothes for Kathmandu – to be kept in storage during Annapurna Mountain Bike expedition
- Medium/Heavyweight down jacket
- Fleece jacket or vest (1)
- Rain Jacket
- Synthetic long underwear (top and bottom)
- Synthetic Biking T-shirt
- Wool or synthetic hat
- Waterproof shoes to be used for biking
- Nylon-wool blend socks (2-3)
- Sandals/Crocs/Old sneakers (for walking around the lodges/restrooms in the evening)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Quick-dry towel
- Personal toiletries and medicine
- Sleeping bag w/ 15-20ºF rating
- Toilet paper in ziplock bag
- Ditty Bag and extra ziplock baggies for toilet paper waste on the trail
- Hand sanitizer
- Padded biking shorts
- Biking gloves
- Knee and elbow pads
- Reading material for the trail
- OTC medications (Advil, Imodium, Pepto-bismol etc.)
- Hotel reservations for extended time in Nepal (if applicable)
- Trekking poles
- Bandana (for dust and wind)
- Energy bars
- Yaktrax (especially useful for late fall and early spring trips)
- Outlet adapter (available to purchase in Kathmandu)
- Zip-lock bags for waterproofing passport and other valuables
Peak season to travel to the Annapurna region falls between September and November and then again between February and April. The weather on the trail will vary at different altitudes, but in the town of Ghorepani, which is located at 9,393 feet; June is the hottest month of the year with averages as high as 68°F. Winter months like January can get a cold as 25°F.
The monsoon season falls during the summer months of June, July, and August, when rainfall can be as high as 5.5 inches per month. The rest of the year is relatively dry with only 1 inch of rain.
Private expeditions are available for this itinerary. Pricing for private expeditions based on group size.
- Medical/evacuation insurance for all participants confirmed 30 days or more prior to their expedition start date
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu
- 3 nights accommodation in Pokhara
- All accommodations on trek (double occupancy w/ shared bathroom)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on the trek
- Mountain bike (Giant Anthem, Giant Trance, Giant XTC or ATX Models)*
- Trekking permits and entry fees
- Farewell dinner
- Guide and porter services
- Baggage transport (limited to 22lbs/10kg)
- All ground transportation in Nepal
- Guided bike excursion to Bhudanilkhanta
- One-way air transportation to Jomsom
*Client is responsible for all damages to bike due to any non-mechanical reasons
- Personal items (laundry, clothing, snacks, etc.)
- Trip cancellation insurance (offered as an option)
- International airfare and meals during travel
- Snacks during trek
- Beverages outside of designated meals
These expeditions require that you are at the least at an average fitness level. These are great first treks and a perfect fit for people looking for a challenge without daily exhaustion. Typical days range from 3-6 hours of riding.